The Saline County Sheriff's Office currently employs 9 full-time deputies assigned to the Jail Division.
Each deputy is POST certified through the State of Missouri. New deputies receive on the job training with senior deputies regarding Saline County Sheriff's Office Policies and Procedures in regards to the operation of the jail. Each deputy is required by the State of Missouri to receive at least 24 hours of POST certified training per year.
Responsibilities of Saline County Jail Officer
Safety of each Inmate: All Jail staff is responsible for the monitoring a total of 8 male pods, 1 female pod, and 3 holding cells. These pods are monitored through windows, cameras, and intercoms from the housing desk.
Booking of Incoming Inmates: All Jail staff is required to book in all subjects that enter the jail. Book-ins include general information, photographs, fingerprinting, medical, and emergency contact information.
Court Appearances: On duty Jail staff is responsible for transferring inmates from the Jail to the courtroom within the secure area of the jail for video court appearances. Jail staff is also responsible for securing inmates for court appearances at the Saline County Courthouse and for other county courts.
Property: The only property allowed to brought into the facility is eyeglasses, contact lenses, sealed contact solution, and dentures.
Books: Books are accepted by the Saline County Jail if they are donated to the Jail. No hardback, obscene materials, magazines, or any books with staples will be accepted. It is the discretion of Jail staff on what reading material will be accepted.
Inmates are allowed to have a soft-side or paperback version of a Bible. This can be kept personally by the inmate and does not require donation.
Meals: Each inmate receives three meals daily, including breakfast, lunch, and dinner from the Saline County Jail kitchen.
Mailing address for Inmates:
Saline County Jail
Inmate's Name (No Inmate number required)
P.O. Box 366
Marshall, MO 65340
Incoming Mail: The Saline County Sheriff's Office will be changing the policy relating to incoming inmate mail effective July 1, 2021. This change in policy is to alleviate the risk of contraband entering the jail and to reduce the amount of time jail staff must spend searching and processing incoming mail.
All incoming personal inmate mail will be limited to postcards only. Postcards must be standard white postcards, no larger than 5" x 7". Index cards and photographs are not allowed. Postcards received will be deemed unacceptable if they are defaced or altered; wrapped or in plastic covering; contain labels or stickers; have watermarks or stains; contain bio-hazards such as lipstick or perfume; depict nudity, weapons, drug use or gang references. Unacceptable postcards will be returned to sender.
Current list of incarcerated Inmates at the Saline County Jail.
Currently, the search engine Chrome will not support the link to the current jail roster due to an update to their browser on certain cell phones. Techs advise the next updated version of Chrome will allow it, unknown time of that release.
Browsers FireFox and Edge will allow this link to be used.
Encartele is the name of the telephone used by this facility.
Customer Service Line: 1-866-476-6723
Any inmates with money on their account are allowed to order from the commissary, where they can purchase all toiletries, clothing, snacks, and other miscellaneous items.
Cash and/or money orders are NOT accepted through the mail.
Below are the only two options for adding money to inmate accounts:
Located in the lobby of the Sheriff's office to the right of the entrance doors is an active kiosk machine, available 24 hours a days. The kiosk will accept either cash, credit cards, or debit cards. Follow the easy instructions that are provided.
Any inmate with money on their accounts are allowed to order from the commissary, where they can purchase all toiletries, snacks, and other miscellaneous items.
- Effective Monday, May 9, 2022 Saline County Jail will be open to in-person visitation.
- One visitor permitted only for 30 minutes. (No splitting time between multiple visitors)
- Visitors must call at least 24 hours in advance to schedule visits.
- Anyone without a scheduled visit will not be allowed to visit.
- Regular policies remain in effect and are listed below the visitation times.
- W/R- (Females) 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
- F Pod 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
- A Pod 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Trustee 7:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- D Upstairs 9:00 - 10:00
- D Downstairs 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
- E Upstairs 6:00 - 7 p.m.
- E Downstairs 7:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- G Pod 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Trustee 7:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- E Upstairs 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
- E Downstairs 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
- A Pod 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
- D Upstairs 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- D Downstairs 7:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- G Pod 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
- W/R (Females) 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- F Pod 7:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Trustee 7:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Valid State ID must be presented before each visitation.
- Visitation form must be completed before each visitation.
- NO CELL PHONES or ELECTRONIC DEVICES will be used during the visitation.
- NO FOOD or DRINK is allowed in visitation.
- Visitors under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- One visitor is allowed to visit inmate at a time, unless accompanying a juvenile.
- Visitor must wear proper attire. (No tank tops, tube tops or revealing clothing)
- Visitors will leave visitation promptly after notification visitation is over.
- Visitation times are subject to change with no notice.
Subjects on probation, parole, co-defendants, a victim, out on bond, or have any kind of active warrant will be denied visitation. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Visitation can be terminated by department staff if any policies are not followed.
- Bonds are accepted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- All bonds must be cash and the EXACT amount. Credit cards, debit cards, and checks are not accepted.
- Anyone posting a cash bond must show valid ID.
- Any bondsman writing a bond at the Saline County Sheriff's Department must be approved through the Saline County Court. A list of approved bondsmen are available at the Sheriff's Department at the front window.
- Department staff is not permitted to recommend or provide phone numbers of bond agencies.